Friday, January 6, 2012

Another beginning?

Facebook, twitter, (and who knows what else is coming along) aside, I was thinking it might be fun and worth while to start one of those old fashioned "Blogs", that everyone connected with us in any way can post to and keep in some kind of touch through technology... if not otherwise.  I'm not too savy when it comes to this kind of technology, so I'm not sure how this goes, but I was thinking as each becomes aware of this blog, they would invite others, as appropriate, and build the number of those who can share.
Since everyone either seems so busy with their exciting lives, or they're miles apart and have difficulty getting together in person (or both), perhaps each of us could consider ourselves a reporter and share the "goings-on"of our little part of the family world.  This way everyone could feel included and be more aware of the rest; and I mean everyone... spouses, children, grandchildren, significant others, etc, etc.
Maybe it's too much to expect that many would participate (being busy with those otherwise exciting lives), however I would like to try it and see what kind of sharing we can get.  Maybe if all who see this site hears of something among others, they could encourage that sharing; or share what they know of themselves.
For example, Pam & I, and our three daughters and their families have plans to get together this summer at a beach home on Lake Michigan to spend some "together time" with this little (17 of us now, and counting - 18 by then) part of the family.  We'll plan on sharing some of those activities when the time comes.
I've heard that Matt is going to Mackinac Island this summer (as he has in the past with  his scout troop) - this last time.  Tell us more, someone.
Most have heard about Steve and Jeannie's adventure in the Carolina's somewhere.  What is there to share about that?
What's going on in the art world with Jill (who has received some acclaim, I understand)?
I wonder how things are going with Linda and Andre in their efforts to establish a new home in West Michigan.
How's Chad? I haven't heard from or about him lately... and Casey?
To be sure, many have heard about Amy's great opportunity for advancement, but haven't heard about where she will be working on her doctorate.
I was just thinking about Charlie and Clarissa;  I can't imagine how they have grown since I last seen them, and wonder what's going on with them these days.
We've seen facebook posts of Ozzy and Chili (thanks to Dia). What more is there than those quick comment and photos?
So many more questions, and you may have them, as well as others too.  Add your's to the blog and share what you can with the rest of us.

3 comments:

  1. So, a number of you have been added as potential "reporters" (you've received an invite I think), from the addresses that I have. I am seeking other addresses of anyone that I don't have, currently. Please let me know them and they will be added! Well, let's see how this goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Dad! Is this going to preclude the family newsletter Kim was thinking to put together? I was rather hoping this would be your art blog but now that you've started one you'll see how easy it is and may venture to start your own. :) I'll add a post while I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The newsletter idea, as I recall, (Kim, maybe you can clarify) was to put it together for the picnic as a means of sharing from those not there to those who were there and visa versa. I guess that amounts to the same thing, but it was going to be a one time thing... I don't recall. Kim, help!
    By the way, everyone that has been emailed can post an item here as well as comment on a posting. If there are those who are not on the email list - please, let me know the address and they will be added.

    ReplyDelete